ADR Training Course
3 - 5 Days
The ADR is an additional licence that enables the licence holder to transport dangerous goods by road. The ADR Certificate is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. Drivers that wish to renew their licence will need to attend a Refresher Course.
Candidates must pass at least 3 modules to gain the ADR Certificate (at least 2 in the case of Explosives). These 3 modules must consist of the Core module, either Tanker or Packages module, and at least one of the nine classes which cover the specific types of hazardous material transported.
The main ADR courses we run are as follows:
- FULL ADR (5 days) – Core, Packages, Tankers, Classes 2-6, 8 & 9;
- BASIC ADR (3.5 days) – Core, Packages, Classes 2-6, 8 & 9;
- TANKER ADR (3 days) – Core, Tankers & Class 3;
- EXPLOSIVES ADR (2.5 days) – Core & Class 1;
- REFRESHER ADR Courses;
- UPGRADE ADR Courses;
The ADR qualification can be broken down into different modules. These modules refer to the type of materials carried and form of vehicle they are transported in.
|Core(Compulsory)||Tanker (when transporting Goods via a tanker)|
|Packages (Goods that are packaged / contained)|
|Class 1: Explosives||Class 4: Flammable Solids||Class 7: Radioactives|
|Class 2: Gases||Class 5: Oxidising Agents||Class 8: Corrosives|
|Class 3: Flammable Liquids||Class 6: Toxics||Class 9: Miscellaneous|
Our ADR Courses are run regularly nationwide. Sigma also has the facilities to allow us to deliver courses in their entirety at your company premises.
Attendance on this course you can also receive at an additional cost:
- Up to 28 hours Drivers CPC when attending the 5 day initial course;
- Up to 21 hours Drivers CPC when attending 3.5 day initial course;
- Up to 7 hours Drivers CPC when attending 3 day refresher course;
All of our ADR examinations are computer-based which enables you to get your results fast, quite often being on the same day you take your exams.