If you visit our website
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Website. Non-personal information such as browser type, operating system and domain names, may also be collected during your use of the Website and this information may be used by us to measure the number of visitors to the Website.
Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the Website.
What types of cookies do we use?
experience. The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- First party cookies: We set these cookies and they can only be read by us.
- Persistent cookies: We may use persistent cookies which will be saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually 1 year or longer). They won’t be deleted when the browser is closed. We use persistent cookies to recognise your device for more than one browsing session so that, for example, you don’t have to re-enter your password each time you visit our Website.
- Session cookies: We may use session cookies which are only stored temporarily during a browsing session and will be deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
- Third party cookies: We may use a number of third-party suppliers who also set cookies on our website in order to deliver the services that they provide. These cookies are known as third-party cookies.
The “GP site acceptance” and “Shopping Basket” cookies are not used on our website It is possible on most browsers to request that your computer does not accept cookies or that you are notified if a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. The actions you should take will depend on the type of
internet browser your computer uses. You may be able to follow the process set out below, depending on your browser:
- go to the heading “Manage Cookies” and click the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them;
- from the list provided, click the programme that your computer uses; if this is not shown on the list, click on the “help” heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on “cookies”. An explanation of how to delete cookies will appear.
Alternatively, the following link provides instructions for various browser types: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2 (please note that this link will open a new window and will lead to an external website, for which we are not responsible).
How to disable third-party cookies
Users based in the European Union, can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to opt out of third party cookies used on our Website (please note this link will open a new window and will lead to an external website, for which we are not responsible).
Your consent to cookies
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Website is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. We will retain your information in accordance with the retention periods in this policy or for as long as the law requires.
We do not have the functionality to enter your credit/debit card and/or PayPal details for payment of goods or services on the Website, we will not store your credit/debit card and/or PayPal data. Please do not enter any payment details in the contact forms on the website.