Advanced Driver Training Rollover & Anti-Skid
This one-day course is based on a minimum of 6 drivers attending with a maximum of 12 drivers in total. The course is Jaupt approved and counts as 7 hours towards the 35-hour DCPC training if required. The course starts with a 2-hour classroom theory session which includes the following subjects:
- Introduction to the Training
- Negotiating bends
- Advanced Braking System
- Transfer of Forces
- Rollover Theory session
After the theory session has finished the drivers ar e taken outside for the following practical training which is carried out using IRST’s training vehicles and includes the following exercises:
- The rollover vehicle is loaded to make the training as realistic as possible. Drivers carry out manoeuvres to show that rollover can happen at very slow speeds.
- Each driver attempts several advanced exercises with and without ABS/EBS/ESP. Each exercise starts at a slow speed which is increased after each practice run until a specified limit is reached. Drivers will experience up to 8 different manoeuvering scenarios whilst undertaking the practical exercises.
The main objectives of Anti-Rollover and Anti-Skidding training are:
- Avoiding Vehicle Rollovers
- Anti-skid techniques and the correct use of ABS
- Correct truck handling techniques
- Anti-jack-knifing procedures
- Hazard recognition and emergency driving procedures
- Experiencing ESP
- Vehicle and driver safety awareness
- Lane change and 50/50
All exercises are carried out with and without ABS/EBS/ESP at normal road speeds. IRST provide anti-jackknife, anti-rollover and anti-skid training designed for qualified Truck, HGV and LGV drivers.
Attendance on this course can include 7 hours DCPC.