B+E Trailer Training
1 - 3 Days
Licences issued from 1 January 1997
If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can:
- Drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
- Tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg
MAM is the limit on how much the vehicle can weigh when it’s loaded. You have to pass the car and trailer driving test if you want to tow anything heavier.
Licences issued before 1 January 1997
If you passed your car test before 1 January 1997 you’re usually allowed to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8,250kg MAM. View your driving licence information to check. You’re also allowed to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM
- 3-Day Beginners – For drivers who have little or no experience in towing.
- 2-day Intermediate – For drivers who have some experience in towing.
- 1-day Experience – For drivers who have lots of experience in towing and driving well.